Sometimes photos don’t do a situation justice. This is where gifs come in handy. I love gifs. Especially of completely pointless things. Like these from yesterday’s housewarming party at Lyndsey and Paul’s. Lovely as usual, and filled with delicious food and fun moments!
1. Did you experience something new or do something you’ve never done before?
Umm, I don’t know? Got paid to do my passion? Maybe that.
2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions?
I don’t think I had any, so yes!
3. Did any of your friends become parents this year?
Not during 2015. The first half of 2016 on the other hand is going to be a baby filled time. I know 5 friends who are awaiting little kiddos.
4. Did anyone close to you pass away?
No, thankfully not.
5. Which countries did you visit?
Vietnam, Sweden and UK. That list is way too short!
6. Is it anything you missed during 2015 that you want for 2016?
A routine! That’ll be my main goal of this year. Plus more travelling. Always more travelling.
7. Which date from 2015 will you always remember?
No specific date, really. This year has been great, but there have been no specific day or days that have stood out that much tbh.
8. What has been your greatest success during 2015?
My business. It’s grown like crazy this year and I’m so so proud of myself.
9. Your biggest mistake?
Nothing major, really. That I didn’t get a routine down earlier. That I didn’t spend more time with the husband.
10. Have you been sick or hurt yourself?
Not been sick at all pretty much. Hurt myself by falling of my bike (once), stumbling on the street (once) and generally just banging my toes into things. I’m used to these things though.
11. Your best purchase(s)?
My new camera bodies that I got at the end of the year. Exxy but so worth it!
12. What did you spend most money on?
Those two camera bodies… Although that’s business money, so I guess it doesn’t count. If it doesn’t: eating out and travelling. Worth it!
13. Did something or someone make you really happy?
The fact that I’m earning a steady income now has made my general happiness level just up. Peter, always. And my friends, new and old.
14. Which songs will always remind you of 2015?
I have been listening to barely any music this year. Like really, nothing it all. Podcasts on the other hand, so many. So I’ll say Serial. It’s a pod cast, but boy was I hooked.
15. Were you more happy or sad in comparison to previous years?
Happier, for sure! It’s been a year of making my passion my business and then finding my way through it. It’s been hard and a hell of a lot of work, but it’s paid off.
16. What do you wish you had done more?
Spent time with Peter. Read. Worked out. Travelled. Didn’t I already answer this one?
17. What do you wish you had done less?
Watched shitty tv shows.
18. How did you spend christmas 2015?
Christmas eve at home in the house with housemate Eric and a bunch of friends popping by. I had made Swedish christmas food and some decorations. Most people were a bit questioning about it all. Then Christmas day at my friend’s house. We had copious amounts of food followed by an outstanding pavlova in the 30+ degree heat.
19. Did you fall in love this year?
A little bit with myself? It might sound weird but I’m starting to really appreciate myself. I might be weird and annoying and have a bunch of not so great traits, but I’m also hilarious and kick ass and such a massive doer.
20. Favourite show on TV?
On Netflix for me, thank you very much. I have watched so crap shows. A few stand out though: Ascension, The Fall and Broadchurch. Although to be fair I had to check my Netflix history to remember that I’ve seen the last two in the last year.
21. Best book?
Barely read this year. I don’t like that part as I’ve always felt like I was an avid reader. Need to pick it up again. Not even naming one now.
22. Best music?
Eh, nothing? Barely listened to music folks. I’m a sad person apparently.
23. Something you wished for and got?
A thriving business!
24. Something you wished for and didn’t get?
A love of working out. Still kinda hate it.
25. What did you do for your birthday 2015?
I was in Vietnam with Peter and my dad. Can’t remember exactly what we did but I’m guessing we were in Hanoi, I got a massage and a pedicure, we had beers and delicious food. It was a good trip.
26. Is there anything that would have made your year even better?
Probably, but I’m happy how it turned out.
27. What made you feel good?
Work! This year I’m going to try to get a routine for work so I can feel like I’m thriving equally on a personal level. Healthier, more sleep and finding a new creative outlet is on my to do list.
28. What is your most clear memory from the news in the last year?
That photo of that little refugee child on the beach.
29. The best new people you’ve met?
I have gotten a bunch of new people in my life this year. Sarah and Carmen that used to be in my office (whom I spent NYE with last night!). My new found photographer friends Bree and Donna.
30. What are your New Years resolutions this year?
1. To have my birthday party (or another party) at a lawn bowls club.
2. Regularly work out. Minimum 2, preferably 3 times a week.
3. Read more, at least 20 books
The first one is the only one I’ll be sure to hold myself against. The last two I’ll try to incorporate in a good way. I need to find joy in that stuff, so that’s what I’ll work on this year. Finding ways to work out that I find fun. Finding more books that I love. And more importantly there: create opportunities to read, because I simply don’t get anything read while at home.
That’s all! Now I’m getting back to what I have started 2016 with: cleaning! The kitchen is almost done and I’ve got some more house to clean. After that: dinner and a movie with me, myself and I. It’ll be swell!
Happy new 2016 everyone! Make it an amazing one!