I went through the pictures from my camera from the last few days and found this one. + it was thanksgiving the other day and that got me thinking.
On Tuesday we went out for dinner together. It was the first time just me and him did that in such a long time. I had almost forgotten how great it is. Well I hadn’t, but still, you know. A few snaps of him in the setting sun was all I took that night because after that I was too busy talking, laughing and discussing.
It’s been 7 years, 4 months and 20 or 16 days (hey, I can’t remember the exact date) since the first time I met him. Our relationship has lasted through 5 apartments/houses, 3 jobs each, 1 cancelled wedding and 1 actual wedding. I don’t know what my life would look like without him, but I’m certain it wouldn’t be even close to as good as it is right now. Thank you for being my best friend, my challenger, my supporter and quite possibly the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
To make this less sappy, here’s a list of things that I’m also thankful for:
- Arnolds first movie, Hercules in New York. It’s bananas!
- Friends that will crazy dance with you.
- Enjoying crisp sauv blanc on a sunny arvo at a rooftop bar.
- That I dared go freelance
- Also that I dared to stop working overtime all the time
- Our snowpeas + our raspberry bush that are both still alive + kinda thriving (me = garden god!)
- That I have my books again. <3 books
With that said, I’m going to get myself ready. I’ve got my first photography gig today which scares me shitless. Cross your fingers, alright?